Are you an experienced Payroll Manager looking for your next exciting opportunity? Have you managed large payroll departments within a fast paced growing organisation? If you answered yes to those then this may be the role for you!
The Head of Payroll will manage the delivery of the payroll to approximately 1,500 members of staff by coordinating a small but highly efficient team. The right person must be able to lead, develop and motivate individuals within the team, whilst also liaising with other key departments, ensuring the highest levels of accuracy.
- Managing a team of three experienced individuals, identifying and addressing workflow issues
- Manage workload and establish priorities
- Overall checking of accuracy of payroll and ensuring that processes have been adequately followed
- Working with other key departments within the organisation to ensure accuracy of input payroll data
- Serving as an escalation point for payroll queries
- Analysing and reporting on payroll data to key stakeholders
- Keeping abreast of tax legislation changes/HMRC interpretations, and updating the department as appropriate
- Developing and refining payroll procedures
- Previous experience in a senior payroll position within a fast-growing business.
- At least ten years’ experience of working in payroll departments generally.
- Previous management experience and successful track record of leading, managing and developing teams.
- Higher/further educational qualification or the equivalent
- Strong influencing skills and able to positively influence outside area of direct control
- Able to prioritise workload to meet challenging deadlines and ability to multi-task
- Proficient with excel
- A strong leader who can clearly communicate a vision, providing direction and motivating others.
- Extensive problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Analytical skills: the ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and provide solutions.
- Self-motivated with a vision of continuously adding value to customers and clients.
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications through external training
- Excellent career progression
- Employee pension
- Remote working
- WFH allowance
- A great working environment with a fantastic team of people
40 hours a week, between Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required.