Due to the continued growth of the business, we are currently looking for an experienced IT Service Desk Manager to join us to support our IT team.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has the right attitude and skills set to be part of the go-centric team during this exciting time.
- Leading and managing the service desk team in accordance with service levels and hours of coverage required by clients
- Build capability within the team to ensure client coverage and peak times are managed
- Understand business and service desk metrics to identify insights and develop strategies to improve and gain efficiencies across all team
- Improve the IT ticketing system to drive performance against SLAs and business insights
- Identify business needs, for both current and future IT requirements and scale the service desk to meet needs of the business.
- Provide, monitor and manage KPIs with the service desk to achieve service excellence.
- Proactively manage large volume onboarding of employees.
- Manage the onboarding of new clients and their systems to ensure they fit seamlessly alongside existing systems
- Build and maintain an asset register so the business has an accurate picture of hardware and software asset allocated across the business at employee level
- Ensure employees leaving the business are processed accurately and timely
- Act as the escalation point for all high priority requests and incidents so they are managed promptly and ensure effective root-cause analysis is undertaken and documented.
- Manage the full lifecycle of Service Desk operations, incidents, and problems. Co-ordinate urgent and complex support issues.
- Communicate effectively with the business on outages and remediation plans. Build formal templates and professional media to communicate with the business.
- Develop effective career progression opportunities, build training plans and provide coaching and mentoring of the service desk as needed.
- Complete tickets through our helpdesk in line with business requirements and SLA’s
- IT service desk management in a high pace, out of hours context
- Experience creating and managing a cohesive, effective working environment.
- Experience in coaching and developing within a service desk environment.
- Confident & experienced communicator that can challenge, negotiate, reassure and scope business solutions.
- Demonstrable history of process improvement and delivering high customer service standards
- Excellent IT skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of technologies their operation and procedures
- Ability to be hands on and assist with customer enquiries and lead by example.
- Effective coach capable of developing talent and getting the best from people
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and strategies
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ mentality.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications through external training
- Excellent career progression
- Employee pension
- Remote working
- WFH allowance
- A great working environment with a fantastic team of people
40 hours per week, primarily Monday to Friday, 08.30 - 17.30. Some flexibility may be required.