Go-centric are looking for a Project Trainer to join our training team in Glasgow. This role is pivotal to the growth of business and requires somebody who can develop our staff at the highest possible level.
Go-centric is a dynamic Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) based in Glasgow’s city centre. We pride ourselves on being a people-centred business; with every one of our ever-growing team striving to provide an excellent customer experience on behalf of our clients.
We are ambitious and we have high expectations when it comes to delivering operational excellence, with each of our highly trained contact centre personnel being highly competent, intelligent and empathetic multi-taskers who deliver service with passion, professionalism, and integrity, setting us apart from our competitors and exceeding our client expectations.
Every one of our experienced, skilled, and talented people contribute towards the same goal, delivering the highest standard of client and customer focused, operational excellence.
To maintain our continuous improvement strategy, we offer excellent training and progression opportunities for people who want to grow and develop their career and the team.
We want you to become a crucial part of the go-centric vision; to create a partnership that helps organisations meet their operational challenges through the provision of contact centre operational excellence and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have a true passion for training and a desire to grow and develop within the role. You will need to be a team player, with an outstanding work ethic and the ability to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Remote delivery of NHS induction groups (requirement to deliver training independently)
- Remote delivery of core modules post induction e.g. Vulnerable Workshop
- Remote delivery of upskill training where appropriate
- Briefing NHS call handlers on changes
- Design of training material and/or briefs
- Assisting L&D with other tasks / admin where appropriate
- Excellent communication skills, patient, calm under pressure and engaging.
- Excellent internet connection vital to ensure that remote sessions run smoothly.
- PC literate, with good knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams and all go-centric systems (preferably with access to second screen although not essential).
- Excellent understanding of NHS campaign as a whole and excellent understanding of client systems and resources.
- Flexibility required to support with short notice demand from the client.
- Preferable to have some experience delivering training or some sort.
Please email application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm Sun 19th September
Application to include:
- Short cover letter which should include:
- Why you think you would be good for the role
- Why you are interested in the position
Disability in the Workplace:
Please note, go-centric are a certified Disability Confident employer, and subscribe to the guidance in the Two Ticks Scheme.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we, as the employer, are legally obligated to interview anyone with a disability that meets the minimum criteria for the post, offering any reasonable adjustments that may be required to complete the recruitment process and/ or the role itself.
For more information regarding this please visit: www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Employmentsupport/LookingForWork/DG_4000314
To disclose any information regarding a disability that requires additional support during the recruitment journey, i.e. Job Descriptions in large print, please contact the Recruitment Department by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0333 014 4401.